Monday 24 May 2010

Clogwyn Y Grochan

Above Emma on the first and second pitches of Nea.

I am down in North Wales for a few days with Emma to take advantage of the nice weather. Today we climbed Nea on the Grochan. This classic VS did not do it for Em, whether it was the extensive polsih or the style of climbing I am not sure. I then Had a crack at Quasar which has a bit of a reputation, but despite not being at peak fitness thought it would be ok. After what felt like a good E3 5c to get to the good rest above the roof, I was now looking at the crux. After going up and down a few times to work it out, I finally commited. A hard sequence led me to the last hard move to a finger jug and glory when my foot popped off the hold in the crack, Gutted! After a rest it went second go, but an outstanding route.

The heat got a bit too much for us, so we retreated to town forsome refreshments. In the evening we met us with Matt at the Cromlech boulders and did a few curcuits and problems.


No comments: