Tuesday 15 September 2009

Dispatched










I was at upper cave today with Andrew and Mhairi to have a second crack at Silk Teddies. Having had a week or so in the wall, I was hoping it would go quickly today. Putting the draws in felt desperate, and my hopes had taken a hit. After a good rest I got on the redpoint and before I knew I was through the bit I was finding hard to clip. The thought that it was in the bag can in to my head, I relaxed too much on the next hard move and was off. School boy error. As the others took their turns on their routes I had a good break and went again. This time I was fully focased and was soon clipping the chain, result. A good day which saw Andrew make good procress on hamish and Mhairi looks like she will get silk teddies next time.

1 comment:

Robbie Phillips said...

Good effort dude. Im psyched for you! Motivation for training hard and getting on with hard climbing! YEAH!