Tuesday 3 December 2013

Catch Up and New Bouldering Venue, Hopefully!

It has been a busy week or so.  On Friday I was down in Sheffield visiting friends and snook out to Higgar Tor for a quick boulder and solo around.  I had a great few hours onsighting the Rasp E2 5b*** and repeating Witness the Gritness font 7a+, before moving over to look at Shit font 7b+.  Here I managed to tick most of the easier problems, the best being anonsight of Quintessential Higgarisms font 7a and quickly sending Hemline font 7a+.  I dropped the second last ove of Shit too many times, and ran out of steam.  One to come back to.  The morning was ruined by the fact that some **** had smashed 2 of my car windows for nothing.  A home made hat and old belay jacket out the boot.

Over the weekend I ran a CWA Training course based out of ROKT and The Leeds Wall.  A large course with 10 candidates meant a lot of info sharing and discussion.  This helped make it a great weekend.

Yesterday Ed and made another visit to our new find.  Ed has a sore ankle, so I quickly cleaned and sent 10 more problems.  It is looking like it could be a nice little venue with lots of problems in the low 6's.
A nice font 6b/+ problem at the first area cleaned


The last area cleaned

Good problems of mixed length

A good font 5/+ arete

Video showing a collection of problems so far.


No comments: