Thursday 19 June 2014

SPA Training and Green Death

The last couple of weeks have seen the usual route setting work and squeezing in some climbing to tick over.  This year continues to be a battle to find the time for days out for myself, so I'm doing my best to stay fit-ish.

Over the weekend I was running an SPA Training in the Peak for Mckinlay training.  A well attended course meant a good mix of candidates.  As always, the more the better for sharing ideas.  Tricky conditions on Saturday, with heat and rain for personal climbing.  However, everyone climbed well, some above the standard.  A good group day at Millstone and Lawrancefield rounded off a good weekend.

I managed a quick send Of Green Death E5 6b*** early Sunday morning.  A good brush, then solo, with an unfortunate damp top out when some drizzle started as I was in the top crux.  A trick start via the 6b version makes for a better route all round.

Today after climbing partners have not been able to make it to Kilnsey, I opted for a morning session at Woodhouse.  A stiff workout, with a handful of 7a+'s and 4 7b+'s made it a worthwhile morning.

No comments: