Thursday 1 July 2010

Malham

Today Mhairi and I had the day off as the Watson's massive went canoeing. After a lazy start and alot of coffee we walked up to Malham. To our suprise we had the crag to ourselves all day. After attempting to warm up I realised that climbing everyday for 2 weeks does not set you up well for sport climbing. We got on Something Stupid, which is meant to be easy for the grade. This is simply not true. I thought it would be a good training session, but did better than I thought getting to the last move consistantly and even on my last go of the day. Mhairi was looking fitter than me, but didn't suss the top moves out at first thinking they would be straight forward. After working them out properly it was a little late, and the chance to finish was gone. A great day regardless.

No comments: