Saturday 13 August 2011

Chee Tor

I met up with Martin and John at the Outside cafe in Hathersage to make a decision on where to climb today. Chee Tor was the venue of choice, this was my first so I was pretty psyched.

Below: John on Meditation

The routes were a little damp in the bottom quarter, but fine once you got past that point. Martin started us off leading Alfresco HVS 5b. Despite having no stars, this had some good climbing once you got past the damp, dirty start. John then led the classic Meditatiion E1 5b*** which has sustained technical climbing with excellent rests and even better gear. It was my turn and fancied the classic Ceramic E4 5c***. The route is continually technical, getting harder with height, but enough gear to be safe. The crux is at the top top end of the 5c bracket, and the dusty holds add to the spice. A must if you visit the crag and this is your grade. Martin and John both led Hergiani E2 5b*, which is another good route. I fancied the classic Midnight Summer Dream, but time was not on my side. Next time.


Above: Me onsighting Ceramic

There are still loads of good routes to do here, so I will be back. A massive plus is the fact it is a Saturday and we were the only folks at the crag.

Pics to come when Martin sends them through.

No comments: