Friday 2 August 2013

The Dog's Biscuits

It has been a month since I tore a pulley in my right hand, and it has been healing steadily.  I have been itching to climb, but don't want to over do things and re injure myself.  With that in mind, Ben and I headed to Honley Quarry near Huddersfield.  The main wall here is an impressively stee[ affair.  This is home to a steep hand crack called The Dog's Biscuits E4 5c**, and should not be very fingery.  The route is only 15m, but overhangs 3m so should be a pumpy number.  It is however a neglected venue, so a good bit of cleaning was required.  I had climbed a couple of routes here before, so I pointed Ben at those and I got stuck into brushing The Dog's.  After about an hour, the routes were ready.  I was happy to quickly flash the route with little trouble, and Ben swiftly followed suit.  He then made short work of one of the other routes I had done here, My God Rides a Skateboard E4 5c**.

Ben on the steep The Dog's Biscuits

Ben happy with his day having a moderate hangover, and me happy with a hand that performed pretty well, we bailed before it all got a little too hot.

No comments: