Tuesday 15 October 2013

Wet and Mingin' SPA Assessment and a A Spot of Bouldering

Nick Embracing the ming!
Over the weekend I ran an SPA Assessment in the Peak.  Despite the horrible wet and windy weather, all the candidates got stuck in.  We found some shelter at Froggatt on Saturday morning to do a few routes and personal abseil, before moving inside to look at other aspects of the assessment.  Sunday was slightly better weather wise, and Lawrancefield roadside bay even had a couple of dry routes.  All the candidates worked hard again through the weather, before moving over to Millstone to rap things up.

Latching the crux reach
Today I have managed to find a bit of dry rock at the crag which is often the savior for me, Woodhouse.  I was with Rose, so as she dug around and tried to scrabble over everything I warmed up on the Clingen face.  I'm still miles away from fully fit, but things are heading in the right direction.  I managed Angel's Crossing Extention font 7b+, which has a crimpy hold that was just to much for me when I was last there.  The move off it was move dynamic than it should me, as I still can't pull fully on crimps like that.  All positive though, and not too tired after my 50 mile bike ride in the ming yesterday.

Finishing off!

No comments: