Thursday 14 July 2011

Wilton 1 & 3



Above: Tony leading Central Crack

After the weeks climbing so far, I was planning on an easy day following folks and taking pictures at Wilton. Things started well in 3, following Dan up Shiver's Arete E1 5b*** and Central Crack HVS 5a***. Pete and Tony climbed these in the reverse to us. My psyche got the best of me, and before I knew it I was fighting hard trying to onsight Constable's Overhand E5 6b***. It was a bit too much for me today and I blew the last hard move. It went well next try as always.



Above & Below: Dan on Shiver's Arete


We moved venues to 1 for some longer routes now that the sun had moved around. Pete and Tony went off and climbed Cameo E1 5a***, but Dan fancied Black Mamba E4 6b**. He put in a fine effort, but came off at the crux. After deciding it was not really for him today, I led it on his gear. I had already done the route, but it was very dirty on the top holds before the groove. Pete and Tony returned to try a couple of the route next to us. Pete made a awesome flash of Master
Spy E4 6a***, which I followed. Tony coolly led Wipeout E2 5b***. Dan also then flashed Master Spy, which he had to fight for.

Above: Dan on Master Spy

For the final routes of the day we moved down to the Prow. Pete and Tony climbed Wombat Chimney E2 5b*, whilst Dan led Max E3 5c***. I then led Max on Dan's gear, not a bad way to finish my 5 day climbing stretch.

No comments: