Wednesday 21 September 2011

A Bit of Heptonstall

Tom on Bulls Crack


With a better forecast today, Rich and Tom came down to Heptonstall for their first visit.  This suited me as I seem to be fading from doing too much.  Rich started us off cruising up Fairy Steps Direct VS 4c**.  My end of the rope only had 1 runner near the top so I went up Cream E4 6a* instead.  I led this over 10 years ago, so it was quite nice to climb it again today.  Tom then led Main Line VS 4c* and Rich Curving Crack VS 4c**.  Tom pick up the pace with a good lead of Bulls Crack HVS 5a***.  Rich then put in a solid performance on Thin Red Line E2 5b***.  After faffing about trying to get a runner to sit properly on Demarera, I ditched it and led Brown Sugar E2 5c**.  The rain came as forecast, but a good day had been had.  A few days off is needed to get rid of the aches and pains.


Rich moving through the crux on Thin Red Line

Rich moving in to the easier ground

No comments: