Wednesday 25 August 2010

Slender Loris

Above: Carnage Traverse
Above: Slender Loris

I met up with Dan, John, Pete and Barry at Malham today for some top trad action. After failing on the on sight of Slender Loris over a year ago, I was keen to get back on it. It's still nice to try and do these super classic routes ground up. We warmed up on one of the 3 star HVS's, before John Led us use Carnage, a fantastic E2 5b***. Dan then Led Crossbones E2 5c** with one unfortunate foot slip. I skipped this to save myself for the Loris. It is fair to say that I am in much better shape this year and the route went without much fuss. Only the rounded breaks and pump crux at the top made me fight. It is fair to say that this is arguably one of the best E4 6a's in the country.

Below: Entering and finishing the last crux of Slender Loris E4 6a***





No comments: