Sunday 7 November 2010

2 Crags in 1 Day


Above: Elliot on The Rack, Pex Hill

I met up with the Elliot's today to go to Pex Hill. Having never been there before I had a big list of things to do. This made it worse when we got there and it was minging and wet. We found a few things that were dry, so gave them a lash. We all soloed the Rack E1 5a**. This was Young Elliot's first E1. I then Onsight soloed Master Race E5 6b. Old Elliot had a go, but it was a little too tricky.

Below: Elliot spotting an unwelcome ledge that looms above the crux of Master Race, Pex Hill

Below: Renaissance, Egerton





After bailing from Pex, we ended up at Egerton Quarry just outside of Bolton. I wanted to do Renaissance E5 6a***. I tried the onsight, but struggled to commit as the holds were filthy. After getting the peg clipped I managed to pull up and clear the holds to the peg. This at least meant I could do the crux onsight. I lowered off and started again, and it was really straight forward this time, the climbing was excellent. Elliot then finished the day with a nice HVS.



Above: Elliot on Gallows Pole, Egerton

No comments: