Wednesday 24 November 2010

Caley Bouldering

I met Tony at Caley today for a spot of bouldering. The cold, dry day gave some excellent conditions and my psyche was high. We warmed up in the playground, before heading to low pebble wall. This was a little green and damp, so we moved on to a boulder I had not been to before. As conditions were so good, I ticked the whole boulder quickly, including a nice V6 and a very generously graded V9. Tony sent a couple of trcky problems as well before we where on the move again. We found another boulder that was new to us both, and again helped be perfect conditions I managed to tick the boulder. The highlights were a V7 second go and an onsight of a awesome V8, which suited me perfectly. After a couple no problems to cool down, it was a stunning day out and we went home with pleasently sore finger tips.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Adam,

a really good day for me and you made me think about using my body as I never had before (does that sound OK?) Tony

Unknown said...

Adam,

don't think that I hit the right note with that last comment! Sounds a bit weird; not the intention! Just looking aroung for someone to pass the shovel to!

Tony

Adam Hughes said...

Don't worry Tony I know what you mean. The shovel can go back in the shed. It's amazing the difference good friction makes on what you can climb.