Saturday 31 January 2015

Stony Edge

With work falling through today, I ended up with a couple of hours free this afternoon.  I had bought the new Lancashire bouldering guide yesterday afternoon straight from Robin and he somehow got it to me this afternoon.  Defo worth buying direct with that kind of service.  It is a very well produced guide.  So much so,  I'm psyched to boulder in Lancashire.  It is fair to say that Lancashire has some dreary venues that don't inspire.  Robin has somehow managed to make these venues look worth a visit.  From experience I know if you make the effort there are always some gems to be done.

Fanfare 
Stony Edge is a good looking venue without jazzing up.  The pathside boulder is only 10 mins walk, so made a good quick hit today.  A managed to Flash all the problems to 6c,  which left one problem, Fanfare 7b**.  This was not the soft touch like the Sladen Roof problems.  It took a little bit of time to suss out, but was not that bad once I had it down.

No comments: