Friday 18 May 2012

The Cat Test

Despite the weather forecast, Matt and I got out climbing again today.  I was keen to stop off at Mythom Steep Quarry to try and flash The Cat Test E6 6b**.  This is a route I had no knowledge until Dave Warburton cleaned and climbed it a few weeks ago.  I have been trying to get up to do it, but weather or lack of belayer has prevented it.  Matt was kind enough to hold my ropes today on our way to the Bridestones.

Entering the crux of The Cat Test
Through the hard climbing and at the gear
After a quick brush, I was keen to get stuck in, so went for it.  The lower arete has some excellent moves, before you clip a peg then enter into the crux.  This involves some steep moves into the zigzag crack and to exit it to the break.  After arranging some cams, nice moves take you to a ledge and scrappy finish.  Pretty to psyched to flash this, it was of to the Bridies.

This was another venue Matt had never been to, so we ticked around 30 of the classic easy problems from the Brother Sister area to the Big Bay.  My highlight was a retro flash of the high rounded arete of Knight's Honour V5.
Matt enjoying some Bridies classics

Good moves on a classic V4


Matt getting involved with a good arete in the Big Bay

No comments: