Thursday 3 May 2012

Zippy's Traverse

Yesterday we had a family and friends trip to Stanage for a spot of bouldering.  After some extreme pram action, we found ourselves in the plantation, and despite it being a little warm, the friction was pretty good.

Zippy's Traverse

Warming up saw the Bullworker font 6b and the Bull Flakes sit start V5 get flashed, and all the problems on the Crozzle block get sent as well.  I had my eyes on Zippy's Traverse V8, which I had been on before at the end of a day last year. This time I had warmed up for it specifically, and was hopeful.  Things looked promising when I fell off having done the crux getting over excited first try.  This however became frustrating when I could not get that far again.  Eventually, I was in the crux with all the holds feeling amazing and suddenly latching the jug.  A romp up the flake to glory and happy days.  I wrapped my session up with quick run across the excellent Green Traverse V6.

Getting set to start the crux

Penny has not been on rock much since having Isabel 4 1/2 months ago, but still made short work of a few problems up to V2.

Penny cruising Slot stand up
Penny styling on the Business Boulder

Em and Rose enjoying a nice day out
A great day to be chilling around the boulders,

No comments: