Wednesday 22 December 2010

Woodhouse Soloing

As christmas approaches I limited to the odd bit of bouldering in between family duties, and with just over a week before my pilgrimage north for 3 months this is only fair.

Above: Entering the crux of Nervous Shakedown (Steeper than the pic suggests and a shame the colours are rubbish).

I had to be quite dedicated today and ab the routes first to brush the snow off them. Luckily, it is so cold that the rock was dry underneath. The first route I soloed was Minotaur E3 6a (only 5c really), which is the only route I had not climbed at Woodhouse. I then did Interface E2 6a. This has quite a tricky boulder problem start, then 5c to the top. To finish I did a few laps on Nervous Shakedown E4/5 6b**. This is the hardest of the routes at Woodhouse, but short at only 8m, so packed in. I had never soloed this before, so got rid of the rope and whipped up this one more time to finish. A cool couple of hours.

No comments: