Wednesday 4 May 2011

Cratcliffe

Above: Dan on Suicide Wall

Today I met up with Dan and Pete and made my first visit to Cratcliffe. As I am still on the recovery wagon, it is good to go to new places where all routes are a bonus. Dan Started us off leading Suicide Wall HVS 5b***, this is truly worth all it;s 3 stars. Steep, interesting climbing with not too much polish.

Above & Below: Five Finger Exercise

I then led the classic Five Finger Exercise E2 5c***. Excellent climbing and the route of the day for me. Spot on for the grade and only hard at the top, brilliant. Pete tried an E2 link up which was one of 2 routes left that he could do here. Not on top form, Pete bailed.

Above & Below: Dan and Me on Boot Hill

Dan then stepped it up and led Boot Hill E3 5c***. After taking a little to commit to the hard move on the long man variation, he cruised to the top. I then did the route, taking just as long to commit to the tricky move. A pretty good route.

Below: Fern Hill


We finished off are day of ticking classics with us both leading Fern Hill E2 5c***. Great climbing, never that hard with good protection, a perfect end to a awesome day.

Below: Fern Hill

No comments: