Wednesday 10 April 2013

Mileage

Steep and Technical climbing on Orange Crush
I met up with Ben today to get some mileage in on routes.  We chose Heptonstall, as it's close by, with loads of good steep lines to give a good workout.

Big moves in space
After warming up on some easy routes, we got stuck in both leading Brown Sugar E2 5c**, then Demerara E4 6a**.  After a bit of food we got stuck into Orange Crush E6 6b**.  This is an outstanding steep arete, that is sustained and powerful, but safe.  I got one move from the jug, but my shoe was coming off on the heel hook, so it popped off and ejected me.  Ben then had a go, but struggled to commit for the first few goes, and he to came down to chill out.  It ended up giving a good workout with lots of fall, but no top today.  I made it through the crux on my last go, but despite being on a reasonable hold, had run out of steam to clip the runner.  Too Pumped to clip, but with enough in the tank to probably top out, I opted to let go.  Not too disappointed, as I have done all these routes before.

Pulling hard on small holds and high heel

Ben trying to find a alternative sequence

To wrap up we did some laps up Demerara and down Brown Sugar.  Ben did the Impressive link on Demerara of up, down and back up again.  A great day out training instead of the wall.

No comments: